Dealing with rent arrears

If you have rent arrears you risk losing your home… however, Citizens Advice may be able to help.

You’ll be in ‘rent arrears’ if you fall behind with your rent payments to your private landlord or letting agent.

Although dealing with rent arrears can be tough, you should take action as quickly as possible. If you ignore your arrears, the problem will only get worse.

Discover more advice at our national website, including the following topics:

  • Check who has to pay the rent arrears
  • Check you owe the right amount
  • Agree a way to repay your arrears
  • Check if you can get benefits

For free and confidential advice about your individual circumstances, contact us today.

Citizens Advice Waverley CONTACT DETAILS

Call Adviceline 0808 278 7980 (free) to speak to an Adviser

Leave online message

Office opening details.

And for other topics, check-out our online advice about consumer issues, work problems, benefits, debts and housing issues.

Share this article