Am I entitled to sick pay?
If you work (and aren’t self-employed), you’re legally entitled to get Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) as long as you:
- have started work with your employer
- are sick for 4 full days or more in a row (including non-working days)
- earn on average at least £123 per week (before tax)
- are not in one of the ineligible categories
- follow your employer’s rules for getting sick pay
You’re still entitled to SSP if you work part-time or on a fixed-term contract.
Discover more at our national website.