Managing affairs for someone else

Do you need information about managing someone else’s affairs?  You might also want someone else to manage your affairs for you?

“Managing someone else’s affairs can mean a number of things, including:

  • looking after their bank accounts, savings, investments or other financial affairs
  • buying and selling property on their behalf
  • claiming and spending welfare  benefits on their behalf
  • deciding where they live
  • making decisions about their day-to-day personal care or health care

You might want to manage someone else’s affairs because they:

  • are ill or disabled, either temporarily or on a long-term basis
  • are out of the country for a while
  • are unable to make decisions for themselves, because of mental illness or other reasons.”

Click here to see more information at our national website.

Need help with a range of everyday issues such as benefits, housing, employment, family, debts, consumer, etc? Contact us for free advice.

Citizens Advice South West Surrey CONTACT DETAILS

Call Adviceline (free) to speak to an Adviser:

Waverley 0808 278 7980

Guildford and Ash 0808 278 7888

Leave online message

Office opening details

And for other topics, check-out our online advice about benefits, money and debt, housing, consumer issues, work problems, and relationships.

Share this article