Check if a change affects your Universal Credit

If you’re receiving Universal Credit, you’ll need to report ‘changes of circumstances’

You’ll need to tell the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) about changes to your work, money or family life. These are called ‘changes of circumstances’.

Changes can affect how much Universal Credit you get and what work-related activities you need to do in exchange for your Universal Credit payment.

Discover more at our national website. This page tells you about the main changes to report, but there can be others. If you’re not sure if a change will make a difference, it’s always best to report it.

Citizens Advice South West Surrey CONTACT DETAILS

Call Adviceline (free) to speak to an Adviser:

Waverley 0808 278 7980

Guildford and Ash 0808 278 7888

Leave online message

Office opening details

And for other topics, check-out our online advice about benefits, money and debt, housing, consumer issues, work problems, and relationships.

Share this article