Energy firms going bust?

Worried that your energy firm might go bust?
Citizens Advice – official watchdog for energy consumers said:
“Ofgem will move customers of failed suppliers to a new one.”
“This can take a few weeks, but your gas and electricity supply will continue in the meantime. Your new supplier will contact you and it’s good to be prepared beforehand.
• Take a note of meter readings
• Keep old energy bills
• Make a note of your account balance
• Wait until a new supplier is appointed before cancelling any direct debits
This should all make transition easier.
If you are in credit your money will be protected and you’ll be paid back. If you were in debt to the old supplier, you’ll still have to pay the money back. The new supplier will contact you to arrange a payment.”
Visit our national site for more advice.

Citizens Advice Waverley CONTACT DETAILS

Call Adviceline 0808 278 7980 (free) to speak to an Adviser

By Email: use enquiry form

Search our national site by topic at Self-help

Office opening details

Share this article