A pension is money you’ll use to live on when you retire. Most people get a state pension from the government which covers your basic needs. But it’s also a good idea to try and save some extra money in a pension fund, to give you a decent standard of living.
Your employer has to offer a workplace pension scheme by law. They have to automatically enrol anyone who’s eligible – this is called automatic enrolment.
Discover more about workplace pensions at our national website, including:
- What is a workplace pension scheme
- Occupational pensions
- Automatic enrolment into a workplace pension
- Group personal pensions and stakeholder pensions through your workplace
- Finding out about your workplace pension scheme
- When should you join the workplace pension scheme
- What if you’ve already got a pension
- What happens if you change jobs
- Pension scams
- Further help and information
See Facebook post 23 July 2023
(Dont’ forget to unmute by clicking on the button on the bottom right)
Need help with a range of everyday issues such as benefits, housing, employment, family, debts, consumer, etc? Contact us for free advice.
Citizens Advice South West Surrey CONTACT DETAILS
Call Adviceline (free) to speak to an Adviser:
Leave online message
Office opening details
And for other topics, check-out our online advice about benefits, money and debt, housing, consumer issues, work problems, and relationships.