Check if your employer can make changes to your contract

If your employer wants to change a term in your contract, this is called a ‘variation of contract’.

Your employer should only make a change to your contract if at least one of these applies:

  • you agree to the change
  • your contract says your employer can make certain changes – this is called a ‘variation clause’
  • the law is changing – for example if you get the National Minimum Wage and the rate changes

Find out more at our national website.

Need help with a range of everyday issues such as benefits, housing, employment, family, debts, consumer, etc? Contact us for free advice.

Citizens Advice South West Surrey CONTACT DETAILS

Call Adviceline (free) to speak to an Adviser:

Waverley 0808 278 7980

Guildford and Ash 0808 278 7888

Leave online message

Office opening details

And for other topics, check-out our online advice about benefits, money and debt, housing, consumer issues, work problems, and relationships.

Share this article